Northern Voice starts tomorrow! Tips for attendees
Northern Voice starts tomorrow and we thought it would be a good idea to provide a little checklist of tips for new attendees and veterans alike to enjoy their experience.
- Bring your tech tools with you. There's a good chance you're going to want to liveblog, tweet or update your Facebook status from this conference. In that case, don't forget your laptop, camera, smartphone or whatever if you want to express your personal voice from where the action is happening. We'll have a recharging station, so don't worry about running out of juice. That said, keep an eye on your stuff to make sure no one walks off with it, accidentally or otherwise.
- Come with an open mind in a spirit of learning. Remember that some of the best learning opportunities take place in the time between sessions. Chat with other attendees about sessions they saw and compare notes.
- Be sociable. The Internet is now a place where we share our online persona. Now you get to actually meet people in person and maybe even strike up a beautiful friendship, and maybe a creative collaboration.
- Go outside your comfort zone. While it's fun to spend the weekend following a single "track" of presentations, it's good to mix it up a bit and attend presentations where you'll learn about something new.
- Be courteous. "Please" and "thank you" never go out of style. Treat people with respect. Not that this has ever been an issue in the past, but we're just sayin'.
- Give back if you can. If someone has a question and you think you know the answer, help 'em out.
- Have fun!
Don't have your ticket yet? Get your tickets for Northern Voice right now at Eventbrite
- If you decide to just show up Friday or Saturday, there are still some tickets left that you can purchase at registration, so come on down!